The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#26/1000, New Chicago Member.

Number26

Hello all,
Just coming to Introduce myself, I recently picked up #26/1000 from CL (I believe it was listed here too) I would like to use this post to update my progress with the car. This will be a complete restoration of the car and complete engine build. The car is currently being stripped down to the absolute bare shell, sent out for soda blasting and completely repainted. There is a large amount of body work to be done and some minor rust under the car that will be attended to. Still debating on what color to paint the car but leaning towards a tan (like the FJ) or the factory Belize green. As for the motor, info is below....

Engine
6 bolt block
Wiseco 1400HD E85 10.5.1 compression pistons 85mm
Manley Turbotuff rods
Polished factory crank
Jays Racing billet mains
Kiggley girdle
ALL ARP hardware on absolutely everything
Fluidamper
ACL Orbital high volume oil pump
BS removed

Head
BC 280 cams
BC springs
BC retainers
Supertech 1mm nitride coated valves
AEM Tru Time gears
Big bore 3mm lifters
JMF smim w/ Magnus dual fuel rail kit

Fuel
FIC 2150cc injectors x4
FIC 1000cc injectors x4
FIC -8AN rail
Magnus Dual rail kit -8AN
2x walbro 450lph E85 in tank pumps
2x AEM external E85 pumps mounted inside 1gal surge tank
Radium FPR
-8AN lines from tank to rail
-6AN line for return

Cooling
Mishimoto 2 core aluminum full size radiator (radiator mounts are being lowered 2.35" and moved forward 1/2")
Dual FAL fans (3000cfm kit)

Turbo
(I Can't spill all the beans just yet)

Anyway, my Name is Jon. Feel free to troll 😘

GSTwithPSI

These cars are turds, but I'd definitely shy away from painting it to match, personally...

If you're planning to use the stock fuel tank, it's not likely you'll be able to fit two 450's in it. If you're using a surge tank, 1 would probably do the job anyways. With that much fuel, the turbo better be something T4 flanged.

Good luck with the build, and post some pics.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned