The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Does Anyone Sell oem VR-4 springs?

Iggy

I'm looking for new springs that are either OEM or stiffer/taller than stock. All I've been able to find are lowering srings, or people using EVO8 srings which have to be cut, and aren't exactly cheap either. I'm on a budget, and my car is currently sitting an inch lower than stock because my srings are shot. I was planing on buying KYB adjustable shocks, but I still need springs.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Amayama hits with 89% probability of supply from the AE region, %68 per spring plus shipping.

Contact JNTuning.net or find a local supplier who deals with aftermarket springs, if you want identical spring rate. Heck the car will sit really high until the springs settle anyways.

Unless someone knows of a DSM spring that contains more coil height and drops right in, I wouldn't know where to tell you to go with this except OEM.

Nebraska

I'd save up about a grand and just buy some coilovers. Ride won't be as smooth but handling, looks, and adjustability will all be there. Definetly one of my favorite mods thus far but that's just me.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
That opens up for FEAL and BC, and KSport ... D2 ... etc. That was the list of suspension in order from top choice to next down, and so on, as I see it. I can't say BC or FEAL rate better when comparing them to each other,but you do have lots of guys weighing in on the service/replacement/revalving, drivability and fitment of the first two vendor's parts, with updates on a regular basis, and order times are good.

Bobdole is wading into the fray with a limited group buy, one time deal for TEIN suspension too, see his new thread.

Nebraska

True^
I own a set of D2 coils that I bought brand new. They were the same as the BC as far as price and delivery time. Of course read your reviews and see what you like. Personally I have not seen anything wrong with the D2 package as they came with quality parts and lube although I fabbed up my own brake line brackets because coilovers don't come with the factory mounting position or nuts welded onto them but I went all stainless lines so it worked out, I could even CNC some for you maybe. I don't think my D2 will last as long as the BCs but for now Im happy.

Hope this wasn't a thread jack.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts