The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

COVR4355 First 1/4 mile pass on E85

COVR4355

Dont laugh everyone...
first drag race in nearly a decade with a pro-tree...whatever that is :p
DA was insane at nearly 8,000 altitude at Western Slope Drag-way in Clifton, CO.
Fastest time was 13.51 against a tuned Golf-R-Auto on 116 racegas (he ran a 12.86).
Felt like I had a lot more power on the table but my cheapo make-shift MBC would not allow me to go over 22 lbs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
What do you all think needs to be addressed to get into 12's on my current setup-getting a Hallman BC?
I am thinking ramping the boost up to 27 lbs and trying not to blow up the stock transmission :p
Thank you

click

COVR4355

Here is the 13.75 pass as well...that was awesome running against a Z06 vette-lost by .3 seconds though
If I had any talent that run-a 2.4 60 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif and a 1.4 reaction time it would have been a far different story /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

click

GSTwithPSI

Gotta start somewhere, man. Mid 13's is about where I started in 1837, but on pump gas. Glad to see you in the car out at the track.

Cut that 60' down and that will shave a bit off the ET.

If you've got a log of the run, that'd be the best way to tell you where you can improve.

COVR4355

Thank You Brett...
you have helped me immensely to get it where it is now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thank you!
I will throw a post with the log once these little gremlins take a nap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
the 8k DA was terrible...if only I was at sea level I would have had my 12 second car a 12.999 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif Still 12 seconds :p
What is a good 60 time on street tires-1.7?
Worried I may blow the stock transmission and shear an axle or two at 30 lbs dropping it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

turbowop

Quoting COVR4355:

What is a good 60 time on street tires-1.7?

I've pulled 1.6x 60's before on low profile 18's. And that was on 3-bolt axles. But most everything then and since on 17's has been 1.7-1.8's. I don't thrash the car launching or sidestep the clutch. I haven't been to the strip in like six years though so...

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Happy 2nd anniversary to this original post.

And Happy Birthday Mark.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts