The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

COVR4355 What a Glorious Car!

COVR4355

Good day fellow DSM-enthusiasts,
just wanted to share some updates regarding my ever-increasing fun 1992 Kensington-Gray Galant VR4...amazing how much joy one gets from these cars - when they are in working order that is :p !
Over the nearly three months I have owned number 355 of 1000 I have enjoyed countless headaches fixing the numerous issues a near 25 year old vehicle with such complex engineering possesses-maintenance, boost-leaks, incorrect vacuuming,etc. With that being said I cherish every minute of not only an increase in knowledge-joy of attempting to tune with a MAF-T to SD to conversion to E85- of these glorious DSM's (my fifth DSM and second VR4), but an ever increasing joy of AWD and 4-doors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Just a few pics of some joy riding in and around the Western Slope.
Next cycle of improvement will be suspension work and new wheels and tires /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Thank you for your time

G

Staff member
What's a dsm? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

COVR4355

Fitting response... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif truthfully not applied to the wonderful VR4 platform, but in my experience with Talon TSI's I figured I would strike two cars with one label-4g63 beasts.
By the way curious what everyone thinks in regards to pairing matte-black wheels with the Kensington-Gray color?
click
Lord knows I have spent numerous hours day-dreaming over a few of the aforementioned combos-especially user FCR's 17x9 Volk TE37 38 offset toyo ra-1 255/40/17 setup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

COVR4355

The gold wheels do indeed look good on your Grey-beautiful car...with me having the factory 4 lug setup and 4WS I will likely go with a Konig or Enkei 4x114.3mm 17" wheel. Love the stance by the way-delving into your photobucket they are KW coilovers? Only real option I foresee in affordable coilovers are the BC brand or D2 offered on EBAY? Cannot wait to drop her and get 245's on her /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Nice car and beautiful scenery.

Don't take G too seriously, he is the resident contrarian. Be glad he didn't ask about rust on the underbody of your car, or your hood gaps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4Grim

Welcome to the brotherhood.

Clean looking 92. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

COVR4355

Thank you gentlemen...I am incredible thankful for the opportunity to join this select "brotherhood" although it seems "sisterhood seems more applicable at times reading the various trolling and destructive banter of various individuals-wont name names or encourage the onslaught of negative behavior /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You gentlemen are tried and true and how cool it is to see your years of dedication to this forum and the membership within /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
With that being said, it truly is a privilege to speak with and learn from all you master-VR4 guys and gals with like-interests regarding these awesome cars-so much cooler then the EVO's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.
"compliment people; magnify their strengths; not their weaknesses."

Last edited:

4Grim

Every group of owners will have some "A holes" which is normal (Some groups more than others)...but generally the GVR4 community is very helpful and will look out for each other. Most of the owners seem to be older guys with a good amount of experience with the E39a platform and DSM's/Automotive in general.

COVR4355

Thank you all...truthfully the previous owner is a dear friend who poured countless hours and money into this wonderful car was finally convinced to let go his project of more than 8 years sitting in his garage. Despite a few hiccups and sorting some curious issues, the car drives strong and fast, despite getting 14.5 mpg on E85- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif with about 90% of it being my WOT tuning pulls-the joy of on-ramps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif What a joy it is to have such a welcoming. Would love to see an updated thread regarding current state of peoples Vr4's-the what did you do to your Galant Today doesn't cut it :p .

turbowop

Quoting COVR4355:
Only real option I foresee in affordable coilovers are the BC brand or D2 offered on EBAY?

As far as affordable coilovers go I would say Feal and BC are the only acceptable options. From there you're looking at converted Evo dampers or Ohlins from Mueller (which are also converted Evo units).

Jesus_Negros

Quoting COVR4355:
although it seems "sisterhood seems more applicable at times reading the various trolling and destructive banter of various individuals-wont name names or encourage the onslaught of negative behavior /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

f*** you too, newb!

Last edited:

Jesus_Negros

Also, welcome.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts