The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Blew a Rear Brake Line. SS Options?

Vince

So I have a replacement on its way.... But if one went, the others are not far away.

Who is recommended to have a quality set of braided stainless (or Kevlar for that matter) direct replacements for all four corners?

Thanks
Vince

thomcasey

Search in the FS classifieds in this forum. You will find a dealer or two that have full sets for our cars.

WaRrIoRs16

It seems like this is something all owners should check. I had one blow on me in traffic and my other side was about to go before I swapped to SS lines. My brothers both blew within a month of each other.

Gtpdz

Agreed...mine blew while I was driving on the back roads, luckily was able to pull to the side without hitting anything. If you are using stock style lines make sure you properly mount them to the struts, mine wasn't and it's been flexing and bending with the suspension movement and eventually it snapped.

Vince

Yup,
Bought the set from bob. Will have to let a shop do the work as I'm between houses, and my tools are in storage. (This may be the first time I will let someone touch my brake components in 40+ years!)
I've let shops flush with fluids of my choice before, but never take a wrench to disassembling anything involving my brakes.

Will flush whole system W/DOT4.

I guess I've been milking the miles out of my car without investing time to get serious about her since I bought her back.
Still have a growling front differential I need to replace, and hope to make the LSD conversion to the rear while keeping the steering in tack.

Need to step up one rim size as well, just to get access to quality tires...yeash!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts