The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Clutch -450-600hp recommendations

Wells, found that iceman had a lightweight ACT flywheel available so picked that up from him. Anyone have reliable recommendations for a clutch / pressure plate setup for a build that will 'grow'? Or better yet, anyone have the rest of this part of a setup up for grabs? Easy feel and RELIABLE as this is just a setup for the girl to go get whiskey & smokes quickly plus the occasional track day to get me out of the house. Otherwise 600-700-800hp grocery getter is just my style.
Thank ya.
-W-

pot

Staff member
I'm a fan of the Southbend Clutch kits and sport their stage 2 Pressure Plate and Clutch Disc. Tim Zimmer has teamed with SBC to offer a couple hybrid offerings that you can source from his website:

TMZ Performance

*I replied to your PM. And good luck on your build

Last edited:

4dr_psi_awd

I'm running a SB clutch setup also from TMZ after going with Tim's recommendation. I ended up getting the ssx pressure plate along with the b series ceramic disk. Pedal feel to me is in between a act 2100 and 2600, and was holding my fp green at 28 psi with no problems.

Messaged ice, thank ya sir, the box arrived - quickly. Even better, I prioritied some parts for the bathroom to arrive today as well, so when I ran upstairs with the box from ice,,, the girl got all excited,, the puzzled look on her face when she opened it,, but I could tell right away,, she's going to love her new ACT street lite shower fixture : )

swe_gvr4_1991

I also recomend the TMZ clutch package. I have a old school TMZ TZ/FE with SS-X pressure plate. It have held up for years now.
Pedal feel is on the heavy side. But modulation is ok even for street driving.

Last edited:
Right on, thanks guys, nice to have a positive reference for this portion of replacement items. I called Tim, his phone speaker was out so we've been going back and forth in emails.

JamesFoster

Southbend single disc here too. doesn't slip even at the power level my car is at with a full face disc and good drivability.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts