The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New user... again.

automaton

I used to post on here regularly quite a few years ago. I parted out my poor, rusty '91 VR-4 in these hallowed pages. Sadly, I was, evidently, away too long. I attempted to sign in and the site told me my sign in credentials were not found. So, I signed back up with my original username. Back for more.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome back.

Getting another one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

automaton

I just picked up another last night. #85/1000. I was actually considering parting it out until I saw it in person. It's actually in pretty decent shape and I think I'm going to rescue it.

Completely stock, never modified, college professor owned. It's got some rust in the usual areas, but nothing too outrageous. Needs new bushings and a new catalytic converter (or delete, wink wink) and some minor engine maintenance stuff. Interior is a little bit dirty, but the leather is soft and pliable and no rips at all. Everything just works. Factory sunroof, factory cd player. Sorry for getting so wordy, I'm just really excited about it. I was not expecting it to be in such good shape. Honestly, coming from my old VR4 that had serious issues that couldn't be remedied right from the day I bought it, I was expecting this to be the same.

I used to own 1168/2000. My old part out thread is still in the "Parts For Sale" forum back in 2011. lol.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I have a stock exhaust sitting next to my garage if you want a cat. Not knowing what is wrong with yours, perhaps this one is in no better shape as it has about 170k on it.

automaton

I'll take a deeper look this weekend and see what it needs, specifically. Thanks for the offer on the cat, I'll bear that in mind.

automaton

I found my old 2.5 inch Magnaflow exhaust in the basement, resting quietly (for now) in a corner. I might throw that on for the near term until I get the erratic idle, etc. resolved, but I think I'll end up going with a stock, or stock-ish exhaust over the racier stuff .

I'm beginning to suspect bad caps on the ECU and I'm going to get that done as a potential fix/preventative maintenance. Previous owner told me the car had no power and stumbled while driving, and, while I haven't seen that behavior, I'll take his word on it. Either way, it's probably a good investment.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying catching up lurking here and there. It's kind of sad to see some of the familiar names showing "unregistered" under their names, but it has been 5 years I was on here.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts