The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Prospective owner/ newbie to jdm culture

13vraby918

Hello, I am a virgin newbie. Actually joined this forum due to a recent new sale in another topic thread. But, I have many questions. To give you some idea about myself; I am looking for a unique 4 door sedan that can adequately provide some thrill during weekend drives, but still be quaint enough for a daily. I started looking into the VR4 after a youtube video of some of the most iconic engines in the petrol head world. I am no shade-tree mechanic, but I can change my own tires/oil/alternators. So i am hoping to find the 4g63 is a reliable/forgiving engine that I may learn more from, but also be able to be serviced from a regular mechanic when I am inept. Also wondering if this is a family friendly car, considering its available age. Also, I am extremely intersted in the US importation of a VR4, or a similar vehicle, within the USA. Again, a lot of questions and if the VR4 in troy alabama is still available, I'd like to talk with you aswell. My apologies Sticky if that breaks protocol for your forum. Any information will be appreciated.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You will have to search carefully, as not being able to maintain or repair minor issues will make a car this old a financial burden. Are there examples available, and can it be a daily driver? Yes.

Also, finding a decent mechanic that will want to work on something this old can be a chore unless you know someone already.

That said, I did daily drive mine mostly on/sometimes off the last 5 or so years, but not without some issues cropping up along the way.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts