The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Launch Control/Rev Limiter

ElectricBlue92

I have a stock ecu that is chipped. I want to set my rev limiter at about 4,500-5,000 rpm's. What exactly do I need to do to achieve that without buying a standalone ecu? I've heard talk about eeprom and dsmlink. What exactly is that. Dumb questions but I'm new.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Have someone build a chip for you, assuming the ECU you have is socketed already, and able to take a new chip.

Put in a WTB (assuming there is no minimum post count to enter the for sale forums).

Very easy thing for someone chip burning savvy.

The other options will take a long time to wrap your head around. ECMLink, AEM, Haltech ... etc.

Or, just don't rev you engine so high while driving? Stock redline is higher than what you are wanting to do.

What is the reason behind the lower threshold?

Breakerrr

Can we assume that youre looking for two different rev limits: one for launching (4-5000) and one for in motion (8000). Right? I think for either, wether you just want to lower the rpm ceiling or use a two step and nothing more, a chip will be your best bet. Slapping link in without knowing some of the basics will only frustrate you. That said, it is an incredible tuning program with a huge well of potential hp if you know what youre doing. Proceed with caution if you go that route. Learn and have fun!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts