The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear hub question

Nebraska

So I'm getting ready to install my 4 bolt and do a 5 lug swap at the same time. I was able to find some new rear hub assembly's but now the question remains; will I need to purchase the inner bearing and/or oem dust seal? Or are they built into my hubs already and I just have to transfer the stubby shaft that holds the axle cups on?

Just looking for clarification,

Garrett

transparentdsm

that is not a rear hub... for our car. also we have a rear spindle not hub... it looks like this/.

Last edited:

Nebraska

Thanks!
Looks like I goofed a little. Oh well I got them for $20 each. Guess it's time make a wtb post cause I doubt you can find the spindles new.

transparentdsm

your welcome, good luck on the hunt. i had a hard time finding mine at a reasonable price.. if price doesn't matter i know where you can get them. click this guy will have them.

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
OP, did you buy FWD 1g bearings?

89Mirageman

That's exactly what they're for. 1g FWD's have a solid rear beam with stub axles sticking out. The rear bearings are not replaceable, just toss on a new hub. These would work nicely for anyone with a 6g Galant GS that wanted to go 5 lug.

Nebraska

My buddy has a rear subframe laying around with the spindles. I had bought these with the hope of making everything shiney and new again. Spindles will not be seen but still, I like to be fresh and the hope that I would have new bearings because replacing the rear bearings looks like a bitch. Yes I did goof when I bought rear bearing assembly for the fwd ):

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts