The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Engine removal

FullPEAK

Anyone have any threads or links on the engine removal for a 91vr4? If so can you add it? I'd appreciate it very much. Also whats the best way? Take the engine and trans put together , just the engine? Thanks

Thanks!!

thomcasey

Go here and then click on Engine. Your first choice below it will be engine removal. 1G and Galant are pretty much the same. I prefer to pull both at the same time, but you can drop the tranny out the bottom first, then pull the motor if desired. Both ways work, just a preference difference.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I personally take out separately, put back together.

thomcasey

A couple caveats:

1. Pull the transfer case by itself. 5 bolts, this way you to not need to mess with the driveshaft.
2. You do NOT need to disconnect the sway bar, you can pull the axles without this step.
3. On the top of the transmission, far left, by the mount, you will see a plug. Use a 24mm socket and remove the Reverse switch. This WILL get damaged or broken if you don't remove it before pulling the motor and transmission.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts