The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

what is this about the MAF upgrade screw?

scottinalaska

I have read that you can remove the lower honeycomb screen and there is a screw in there somewhere you can turn out a bit. I don't see no screw, do you?

tektic

The screw is cover in silicone and is accessible from the out side.... but it is in now way an upgrade. If you play with it without changing the maf comp table in the ecu the results will probably be less than desirable.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
This is a very old school method, and not worth doing in this day and age with upgrade MAFs and tuning methods readily available.

gvr4ever

Don't remove the lower honeycomb from the MAF. Backing the screw out will let a tad more air through, but it will be uncounted air.

You can remove the silencer on the air can, but no point in really messing with the stock MAF. Just get a 3G/EVO MAF.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Not exactly a drop-in. You need an air/fuel control method (chip, Link, etc), and a nice adapter harness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Personally, I say it is worth it. Even not withstanding performance, I saw improved driveability and even fuel mileage with the 3g maf. It is just a newer better design with a far larger metering range.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts