The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

93 Galant headlights

T3mp0r

The question is did the 6th generation 93's come to the USA at all? Are there 93's here we can harvest these headlights from or did the 93's of the 6th generation only go to foreign markets? Perhaps the production numbers were low on the 93's in the USA and they're hard to find now?

I hope this hasn't been beaten to death. I did try looking for this specific answer but couldn't really find anything solid. I came across this link that makes a lot of comparisons. click

And then the Wiki overlaps the years of production for the 6th and 7th generation. Stating the 6th generation production being 87-93 and the 7th generation from 92-96. Also when I google 93 Galant headlights I find a lot of links here to members' that already have them and images only shows me the 7th gen which aren't the headlights we can swap to our cars.

So I'm just very confused as to where to be keeping my eyes open for these headlights.

And if this has been covered specifically point me in that direction. My search-kung-fu might not be that strong.

Thanks gents.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
US market had the 6G until 93. 7G started in 94 MY. Other markets 7G started in 93.

Yes the headlights with the clear lenses are on the 93 models here in the US. No exact idea of the production numbers.

T3mp0r

All right. That does clear it up a bit. There must just be a lot of misinfo. out there. And/or there just aren't many 93's around.

Thanks

citymunky

Base model 6th Gen Galants (Anything that is not a VR-4 in my book) are rare due to the fact that they are almost worthless in the used car market. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the 6th Gen Galants haven't made their way into a junk yard somewhere or turned in for scrap metal.

89Mirageman

In my 15 years of junkyarding I've seen maybe 3 or 4 93 Galants. They're easy to spot because of the headlights and if you open the hood it has a sohc 16v 4G63, the only car this engine came in over here I believe. I think I've seen maybe one or two pop up used on CL. They're pretty rare.

T3mp0r

Copy that guys. Well I usually frequent Bessler's U-pull and save here in Hebron but it's somewhat small and limited. I recently found a yard just over the river which is many times the size of Bessler's. My list is long of things for the GVR4 and my MR2 project so if I do happen to spot some there I'll try to remember to get pictures and report back.

MFVR4

I managed to grab 93 clear head lights way back in 2001. Someone had taken them off to get to other parts. They were both stuck in the mud but I managed to get them cleaned up and installed. I'm guessing all of them died in the early 2000's.

thomcasey

I found my set at the local Pic-a-Part. Felt like lottery when I was able to walk out with them for $60 for the pair.

89Mirageman

It's sad that one of the aftermarket companies won't reproduce them. Just not enough interest I'm guessing. Would be cool to pick up some brand new 93's for around $150 though.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts