The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

JDM VR4

New to the boards and Mitsubishi. Long history of Nissan and Subaru road race cars, HPDE driving and instructing.

Imported this 1991 Galant VR4 from Japan a few month ago after winning an online auction back in June.

Since this car is JDM it doesn't have a number plate like the USDM cars.

I have done all the 90k Km maintenance.
Timing Belt replaced
Water Pump replaced
Tensioner replaced
Coolant replaced
Engine oil replaced
Transmission fluid replaced
Transfer Case fluid replaced
Differential fluid replaced
Brake Fluid replaced
Short 1G shifter installed
Front brake rotors turned
Front brake pads replaced Stoptech Street Pads
Rear brake rotors replaced Brembo Blanks
Rear brake pads replaced Wearever Ceramic Gold
Coilovers lowered
4 wheel alignment completed
Touchscreen Radio/DVD player installed

Pictures to come soon as I add them to photobucket

89Mirageman

Mind sharing what you paid and how you went about getting it over here? Also you can upload pics directly to the forum, it's super easy.

kumfasa

Nice Evo 0, It really is the way to go if you can.
I have the same car in White and "Fuel" on this board has a black one just like yours.

What are your plans for the car?

citymunky

Nice, however some people here think is crazy to own a JDM model in the states, and that they are better suited to deliver mail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I have the same floor mats, I guess the Japanese love checker board stuff.

Warning, you will get some crazy looks from people when you drive it around town and am sure someone will call it a Skyline, Camry, Accord, Stanza,or even a BMW. LOL.

fuel

Yours is identical to mine right down to year, colour, options and is only a few hundred numbers away on the VIN number.

So my plan was to try and daily the car but I live in Baltimore and commute to DC for work. That commute has not been fun being that I use a Parkin garage everyday where I get a ticket and pay as I leave. So DD commuter isn't going to work out.

This is the second car I have imported, the first being a 1990 Nissan Skyline GTS4 (GTR AWD w/ slow 2.0T engine) and I sold that to a friend that made me a great offer after I did a bunch of interior and general maintenance work.

My brother andI took the car on a 1600 mile road trip 2 weeks ago, car cruised great the whole time. It's a super close ratio transmission tho so at about 120kph (75mph) we were at 4200rpm. The car is still quiet so it wasn't screaming and we averaged 22mpg in the hilly areas and 24mpg on the flat, managed 300miles to a tank at one point.

kumfasa

Yep, the 3.909 driveline ratio makes highway cruising a pain. When I rebuild one of my tranny's a longer 5th would be great. From what I hear they are getting hard to come by these days.

GSTwithPSI

Where in Bmore you at? You should bring that thing down to Annapolis C&C some time.

Also, the hose for the recirc on your BOV is disconnected from the intake pipe. You aware if that?

Last edited:
the pics were on my phone from during the maintenance service time, so its several things arnt right in the engine photo, just thrown together for a decent picture.

I had planned to take it to a more local C&C in Beltsville this coming weekend. What is the best time to arrive at the Annapolis one?

Well my situation has changed as of Thursday, an old lady pulled out in front of me in my daily Subaru and more then likely is totaled. So I need to sell the VR4 so I can get another daily driver since insurance may not be quick to help me out.

Jesus_Negros

Oh, how much?

GSTwithPSI

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Oh, how much?

svAM37l.jpg

citymunky

Quoting sr20goofus:
Well my situation has changed as of Thursday, an old lady pulled out in front of me in my daily Subaru and more then likely is totaled. So I need to sell the VR4 so I can get another daily driver since insurance may not be quick to help me out.

Why just get something cheap to hold you over? Or Daily the VR4 until insurance pays up?

I live in South Baltimore and work in downtown DC. Using toll booths and parking garage ticket machines are a total pain in the ass, not to mention the city drives on coilovers is brutal. This is just easier in the end and makes more sense.

citymunky

^makes sense, but you could use this click LOL

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts