The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need coilovers for a 8th gen

JimmyShepherd

before i get ridiculed, i'm looking to find a set of coilovers for my 2000 galant. i've seen a couple people suggesting evo x coilovers/stock suspension. i'm not super mechanically inclined, so something that will bolt in/fit with minor adjustments is preferred. and ideas?

Pic is so you can laugh.

thomcasey

Someone else may chime in, but this site is dedicated to the 6th Gen Galant VR4/GSX models. Try here 8th Gen Galant Forum

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Suspension that fits the 2000-05 Eclipse or 2001-05 Stratus/Sebring should work on that vehicle. I am driving an 8g right now too. Bought it from my daughter for my winter car.

One thing I always thought about the 8G Galant is that the spring rates were too soft.

4Grim

Pretty much every application for a 3g Eclipse will fit on a 8g Galant...identical suspension, difference is weight which isn't that much.

Most major coilover makers offer application you are looking for depending on your budget.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts