The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Another new guy

Evolv23

Someone got into a little accident. Hope you can get it looking great again. Welcome.

trevstuh86

Thank you for the welcome. From looking it over today I'm glad it is a easy fix. After addressing the cosmetic part, I have to fix a coolant leak. I am just glad I finally have one after looking for a couple years and only had to drive 2 hours to get it.

thomcasey

I was thinking the same thing!! Maybe to help balance the weight of a large driver?? lol. Looks heavy and not even sure if it contains a MAF in there or not.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Some world class hackery right there.

holeshotmoe

Just polish it and clean up the connections /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Last edited:

4Grim

Yeah...that intake needs to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

jnava

Staff member
Ah snap...Trevor. Yeah, he told me about the previous owner doing this to the poor car. Just helped him out with my used hood, hood struts, and he wants my exhaust too. Really awesome guy to meet.
Edit: Bumper Filler also was sold to him.

Last edited:

jnava

Staff member
It's a running car, but it does hesitate and with some of the fuckery, probably the reason why there is some issues. He got a f***ing steal though, for 1k running.

trevstuh86

No maf lol. Well I can tell I will be tearing down the motor. Spark plug insulators are melted. I was trying to check over everything and just stopped after finding that. I'm kind of tempted to take the timing cover off and inspect the belt right now.

Chad989of2000

That's why they are called project cars. Definitely a great plan going over the maintenance items (T-belt, water pump, etc) and then get everything else sorted. Nice find.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned