The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

MAP sensor plug

aggoos

I have a 2g head on a 1g block with a 1g ecu. The intake has a port for a MAP sensor that I don't need (using maf) The plug is leaking, letting in air under vacuum and letting out boost. Anyone know if there is a good aftermarket plug or of a technique to plug it up well?

Cheers,
Alan

raptorWagon

It's not really a map sensor thay goes there, it's a MDP sensor as DSMs still use a MAF.

Either get it welded shut or make a blank off plate and rtv or jb weld it shut, or just get the sensor from a jubkyard and plug it with that all the same.

strokin4dr

Grab an evo 1-3 intake mani. They are a direct bolt-on, but have shorter runners, a 60mm TB bore so a 1g thotttlebody bolts right up, and it has no provision for the MDP sensor.

CutlassJim

Cause Evo III intake manifolds are super cheap and easy to find......NOT.

When I ran a 2G manifold I just installed a sensor from a junkyard and didn't hook it up to anything.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting CutlassJim:
Cause Evo III intake manifolds are super cheap and easy to find......NOT.

When I ran a 2G manifold I just installed a sensor from a junkyard and didn't hook it up to anything.

There are a bunch of them on Tuners: click
click
click

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned