The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Let me introduce myself...

bigandbad

Hello @ all!
Okay, before I start to be part of the group, I will introduce myself...
My real name is "Bodo" - sounds funny, but it's a real old german name. And that's what I am: a Kraut...
I'm 53 years old and live nearby Hamburg, the second biggest town of Germany.
I'm divorced, have an 18 years old daughter that's only interested in crashing my cars. In my "normal" live I earn my money as a dozent for traffic, technics and logistics. Before this I've worked as a fleet-manager in a huge company, have been disponent, storage-manager, truckdriver, salesman in a DIY store and saw-miller...
Please excuse my bad english - but I left school 35 years ago, and I haven't often the chance to work on it...
At this time I own 10 Mitsubishis - 1 x 1988 Starion, 1 x 1995 L200, 2 x 1990 Pajero V6, 3 x 1982 Colt, 2 x 1989 Lancer, 1 x 1989 Galant Dynamic 4x4
Hmm, but VR-4...
No, sorry, I don't own one. Because of emissions this model never was sold in Europe...
But the Dynamic 4x4 is the non-turbo-version of your VR-4...
I hope you will forgive and accept..
Best...
Bodo

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Willkommen Bodo.

Nice looking car.

bigandbad

The rims are a separate story...
You can't see it, but they are in a bad shape. The coating is mostly vanished, and I thought about replacing them... I spoke with a friend who is very familiar with the JDM-scene here and he did some research...
Producer is a company named "Vesta". Nobody here knows them. All information we found was about a company Vesta producing rims for Boeing - in Russia... But then someone called, he was totally upset: "Are you stupid? Keep these rims, that are real Vestas!" - Wtf he is telling? - "That are original 80th! Super rare! That are Rays!" - What now? Vesta or Rays? - "Vesta is now Rays! You must have the only Vestas in Germany!"
Okay, I keep them - and will restorate them...

Gtpdz

Nice one! Always wonder how people in Germany think of Mitsubishi? My German friends seem to always have a good knowledge of them...

Love that wheel combination, seems properly sized for the galants. They look best with sub 17 inch wheels in my opinion.

Last edited:

bobdole

Wheels are Versa and yes made by Rays Engineering. Car looks nice and welcome.

bigandbad

I'm at the CSM forums as well, normal Galant forum and at someforums in other countries...
Iowned since 1988 about 60 different Mitsus....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned