The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Introducing myself, #1746

aggoos

Hi, my name is Alan, I’m the new owner of a 1991 GVR4, 1746/2000. I’ve been a fan of the GVR4, from a distance, for a while. After completing my Ph.D. in chemistry I decided to find myself a project. I searched off and on in my local desert for a couple of different cars I was interested in, but when I saw an almost completely rust free GVR4 I jumped at it.

Right now I’m cleaning/restoring the interior, and getting parts together.
My goals are pretty modest (I hope):

A mostly stock look (Probably just the aftermarket intercooler and I’ll do something with the space where the radio was)
Restored Belize Green paint (or a very similar color full body respray)
Mostly stock feeling street driving (other than the clutch feel)
Low to mid 300s for wheel horsepower

I plan to get there with a whole new exhaust, a 16g turbo, larger injectors, ecmlink, perhaps some cams that are still street and not race oriented. I’m taking my time and the list keeps growing. It’ll take months but hopefully when I’m done, I won’t spend too much time on jack stands as I’m not looking for bleeding edge power, just enough for genuine sleeper status.

I’ll try not to ask too many stupid questions.

Cheers.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome and congrats on the purchase as well as the degree. Your goals are reasonable and achievable. Look forward to hearing about your progress.

kumfasa

Haha, If i had done an intro post when I started out it would have been almost the same word for word.

Now Im nearly there and I have stuck to it.
The B16G will get you there...just. (maybe)

With the recipe that you have outlined, I have been able to acheive 432hp via ecmlink estimate and all airflow readings being as accurate as they should be.
My butt says 300-330 ATW's.

Still a couple of small upgrades to go and the magical 350 atw will be mine!

Keep us posted.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts