The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gvr4 mods

Dahcrow92

Well just as the title says I'm looking for mods for my galant. Specifically a big turbo and inter cooler and just a mix of everything to make my car a 800 hp beast! Any suggestions on what type of turbos or inter coolers or even ignition systems I should get and would would well together?

citymunky

It sounds like you have a lot to learn, I would start off slow, 800HP is a lot to ask, and they're will be tons of part that would no doubt fail way before you can reach your goal. Also I hope you have deep pockets because 800HP is not cheap anyway you put it.

To answer your question, here is a link to a fast GVR4 parts list.
click

Last edited:

Dahcrow92

I do have allot to learn. I know it will take some time before I'm even close to my goal but information like this is exactly what I am looking for. Were to start and were to progress to get what I want. I really appreciate your feedback and your information. It really helps. And the pockets are pretty deep for my projects. Even though they probably shouldn't my wife says. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

mrt0mjones

I myself like the easy power approach.

FP black
cams
head
upgrade the block

Good stuff.

good thing is there is plenty of parts to scavenge from to not deal with the deep pocket issue. It's always buy/sell/trade in the DSM world.

RatchetRoom07

Your better off to start with maintainance on the car and learn the setup you have. Also finding a tuning solution like ecmlink and learn that really good. All will pay off once you start really modding and pushing power.

gvr4ever

What mods does your car currently have? I agree with others, 800HP is a lot. What level are you at now?

Also, yes, do all the maintenance stuff now. I would wear out parts on my car after adding power back in 2000 when my car had much lower miles.

Jesus_Negros

Why 800hp?
Have you ever driven an 800hp 4cyl?

gvr4ever

Shoot for 400HP first. Unless you are going to be doing hard core racing, you might find that is plenty. I'm at 20psi, and it is enough for me. I also don't race my car. Street only. I actually run 11psi in town, cause it snaps too hard for 30-45 MPH streets at full boost.

turbowop

Quoting mrt0mjones:
I myself like the easy power approach.

Thanks for resurrecting a nine month old thread. I'm sure this dude's car is parted out by now anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts