The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fixing a stalling problem

tdye2

I just bought a '92 Galant VR4, and it stalls whenever I put into neutral but if I keep revving it, SOMETIMES it keep going but other times it's gonna stall and I can usually only start it if my foot is on the gas. If anybody knows of this problem, please help me asap!

thomcasey

What modifications does it have? Does it have an aftermarket Blow-off valve? My first thought is that it does, with a stock MAF and it isn't recirculated.

tdye2

1000cc injectors, rre exhaust, aem wideband true boost sensor, dsmlink... some more i cant think of right now, stock blow-off valve, but i think the problem is the throttle body because it stalls in neutral sometimes but most of the time it's because the rpm's drop too low. please help, cant stand not driving it!

transparentdsm

the BOV needs to get recirculated for starters. then see whats going on with that 2G maf and see if there is a filter on it, looks pretty close to the ground. then i would start with a boost leak test. i mean the TB might need a rebuild, but probably not. im seeing lots of other things that might also be causing it.

tdye2

there is no filter on the maf, and yes it is pretty close to the ground hahaa, yeah i have a boost leak and im gonna get it fixed after the throttle body fix... but do you think i should just buy a new throttle body? or just fix it?

transparentdsm

how do you know there is something wrong with the throttle body??

you have so many issues to address before doing anything to the throttle. fix what i mentioned first, get the BOV recirculating to the intake, get a filter on the intake before you destroy your motor, get a boost leak test done to verify its your throttle body and not something simple like an intercooler pipe, a coupler or a bad gasket.

tdye2

i have a filter on the way, and the guy i bought it from told me the throttle body should be replaced. he did a boost leak test to figure that out he said.

thomcasey

Throttlebody's.com He will rebuild it for you, very good prices. But, before you do that, recirculate the BOV. It may require a different intake as it looks like he made one himself. Once you get an intake that allows for recirculation of the BOV, then put a filter on it and see how it runs then before getting the TB rebuilt.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts