The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Transmission

Dahcrow92

I need to know what kinds of transmission will fit and work in my 91 gvr4. Spline count and any information would be very helpful! My car has been out of commission for 2 years and I want it back on the road again!! I live in Fairbanks Alaska so parts would have to be shipped most likely. If anybody has any info or any way to get one please let me know!

thomcasey

Since there is no way to verify if your transmission is the original, you need to count the splines that go into the transfer case. It will be either 22 or 23. Basically, a 1g AWD transmission with the correct spline count (or a transmission/xfer case combo that work together) will work in your galant. If it is not from a galant, then you will have to modify the mounting point for one of the shift cables on the arm for proper alignment, but is easily doable.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned