The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

904/2000.

pinky

I'm pinky, or nekko whichever you want to call me.

I just did a trade and for a galant vr4, if been looking on getting one for awhile.

Former own claims it has a 2.3 stroker 6bolt engine

Now problem is.

Doesn't build boost.. Doesn't want to run, had a safc on it at one point it's fine, the maf looks like a stocker but wires has been messed up, it does have a bigger then Stock Turbo
But it's far from a good runner.

So I hope to learn and rebuild this dream car of mine. And contribute to the forums as well

Thanks

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome. Lots of help available here.

strokin4dr

Post some pics of the car and the wiring so we can see what you are starting with.

An easy way to measure the engine stroke is to pull a spark plug, grab a 12" skewer (or anything that can sit on the piston without scratching it up), and insert it into the spark plug hole. Then turn the crankshaft my hand with a wrench. Keep turning until the skewer (and piston) is at its lowest point then make a reference mark on the skewer even with the top of the valve cover.
Next, turn the engine again until the skewer (and piston) is at it's highest point. Make your second mark and then measure the distance in between the two marks.
88mm = 2.0 L
100mm = 2.3 L stroker

There are also some other less common stroker setups that would measure 92mm stroke, etc, but you will not likely see this.

Good luck.

pinky

Ok got some pictures trying to find a good place to unload them at.

Measured the stroke and came out 100mm so I guess, I do have a 2.3 stroker.

pinky

Going to try using the 3.5in gm maf with maf-t and 550 rc injectors and a ported 16g and alot of tlc to get it back into running condition.

I know the 3.5in gm is a bit big,and going with 3in piping would drop my boost pressure 2-3psi( just a guess) but would it fun eh ok till I get a better set up?

Or would it be better to keep is 2.5 then jump up to 3.5 and back down to 2.5 before and after the maf

Last edited:

GSTwithPSI

It would be better not to use the GM MAF and MAF-T at all. They typically are horrible to tune, and work like sh*t compared to other MAFs that are available for these cars.

What are you tuning the car with?

pinky

I was trying to do a temp fix just to get it running to move it from his shop to mine with maf-t

Then go with a socketed ecu and dsmlink

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts