The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What years and model galant is this?? with adjustable suspension and steering.??

I have only seen 2 of these cars many years ago in my area. One was in a junk yard and had already been parted out (stripped), and the other one was being driven by a lady. I'm almost sure the rear badge had GSR on it. The car had a little heads up center in the middle of the dash with LED lights in it. It had push buttons for adjusting the suspension, and steering. I could swear it was a 1992 model galant due to the tail light design. The wheels were factory style wheels alloy 15 inch (kind of a small fan blade design on the outside edges).

So, Did Mitsu have US based GSR or GS model between 1991 and 1993 that had the adjustable air suspension and steering, and has anyone one seen one or know of one for sale.

Thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

fuel

Yes, there was a GSR with Electronically Controlled Suspension (ECS). FWD only and the struts had air bags under the springs. They often didn't last longer than 5-10 years or 100,000 miles so most if not all have had the airbag suspension ripped out and replaced with standard shocks/struts.

The same ECS was fitted to many overseas market vehicles like the JDM Galant VX-S, European & New Zealand Galant GTi-16V and the Australian Galant GSR.

This was my '88 JDM VX-S which originally had ECS but it was pulled in favour of the standar struts and springs.

IMG_3466.jpg

I'm looking specifically for US based vehicles. I believe it was a GS model based on my searches, but must have had the adjustable suspension and steering (upgrade option). The cars I saw were both left side drivers, so they were US based cars. Any help locating one of these cars in the US would be .

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Canada got the Eagle 2000 GTX, which had the adjustable suspension settings option. Same wheels as are in fuel's picture of the VX.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Maybe Shawn (maroonmetallic) will chime in. He knows the US variations of the 6g pretty well and has owned many of them.

marvinmadman

As already mentioned, GSR is the model with the features you want.

raptorWagon

Quoting 92galantvr4sc:
I'm looking specifically for US based vehicles. I believe it was a GS model based on my searches, but must have had the adjustable suspension and steering (upgrade option). The cars I saw were both left side drivers, so they were US based cars. Any help locating one of these cars in the US would be .

Fuel answered your question in the first sentence of his reply.

maroonmetallic

As stated above, the Eagle/Dodge 2000GTX

as well as 90-92 Galant GS & GSR had the electronic suspension available in North America.

I personally owned a 92 GSR, but I haven't seen any upper level galant (on the road) in years now.

-Shawn

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts