The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ignition timing

Nomore78

hello, so i bought the car a year ago and have been sorting it ever since. alternator, rebuild the turbo, timing kit, radiator, oil leaks, cylinder hear and all the gaskets,evo 8 injector(pink), i have had my hands full. since i live in colombia getting the parts or the help is really hard. but i love the car it is so rewaridng. i will put some pics. anyway i tinks the car is mostly sorted and i would like to start building boost. the car used to live 7000ft altitude (bogota) i live at sea level (cartagena). so i know my ignition map is way off. there are no dynos or haltech tuners were i live so i am kinda stuck on this subject. the car runs on a haltech sp 1000 and as a comparisor i have the i can see the preloaded maps for galant vr4 or evo1-3 and they are 3-4 degrees off.so i guess my question is should i go closer to the preset values? i know there are a lot off variables so sea level, 90 octane, i havnt gone above 14 psi. any tips would be appritiated.
this is my map:

this is what the haltech has preloade:

i have more specs and pictures of my build, just didnt want to overload the post.

click

thanks

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts