The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

92 tail light vr4 badge painting

idreamidrive

The badge on my tail lights had the glue pulling away from it. I took it off to replace the glue and then noticed the paint was coming off of it. I tried using ELO and purple power to pull the rest of the paint off of it to no luck. I don't k ow what to use that will not hurt the plastic. I am to the point of just painting it, but don't know what color would be most correct for the silver. Do you have any ideas?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Interesting post. I tried this same thing, as my silver lettering for the VR4 area was partially peeled. I did not remove the remainder of the silver, but painted in the peeling spots with some silver modeling paint. It looks terrible from the outside. I have not figured out what to do to make it better yet. Hope someone else has some input.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I suppose the original is some kind of vacuum applied plastic chroming. I don't know how to make it look even, and I don't really want to scrape out the remaining good parts.

Chad989of2000

Does anyone have pics of their repair attempts? I was thinking about sanding out as much of the original silver as possible and then repainting with a stainless steel paint as it looks somewhat shiny chrome-like. Why couldn't the 92s just have the badge from the 91 cars?

Last edited:

misterfixit

Iceman, you could try qtips soaked with brake/carb cleaner. I've used that method with patience for cleaning detail stuff in the past.

Rich

Quoting iceman69510:
Interesting post. I tried this same thing, as my silver lettering for the VR4 area was partially peeled. I did not remove the remainder of the silver, but painted in the peeling spots with some silver modeling paint. It looks terrible from the outside. I have not figured out what to do to make it better yet. Hope someone else has some input.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts