The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ISC replacement options.

Yohler

So I sent my ECU to ECM Tuning to get some damage repaired and chipped last week and today I got a response about the damage repairs needed. Seems the ISC driver kursploded from a short, which explains why it was unplugged. The OEM replacement seems to be big money. Has anyone had any luck with the one offered by Rock Auto? Are there better options I'm not finding? I have yet to OHM mine out but with the motor unplugged and the damage I'd say there's a good chance it's bad.

EDIT: I forgot to mention stumbling upon the DSM ISC website, while an option, it's still about $90 more than Rock Auto.

Last edited:

Yohler

Good to know. Sometimes parts like this cross reference with other cars and are a good bit cheaper for an OEM part and I was hoping to find an option like that.

GSTwithPSI

You looking to get a new one? I typically hit up Chris for a used revised unit. He's typically got them laying around. click

If you haven't already seen it, good testing info here: click

Last edited:

tyeler18

If you're replacing it, definitely get the newer version. The black ISC are a higher resistance and less prone to failure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts