The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Trying to diagnose no start

derek963

So here is one more no start thread, just in case you guys needed another. bought #963 in pieces, put her back together, got her running, found out it needed a headgasket. Tore her down, and she hasnt been running since. Obviously everything is back together. Mpi relay-replaced. Have spark (cas is good?). Walbro 255 is pumping. BUT, the injectors wont fire. Put noid lights on it and im not getting anything.
Now im going to list everything i know to be a problem, if it effects anything im not thinking of, feel free to call me a dumbass and tell me to fix it.
Wires running to the coolant temp sensors are dog doodoo. Some of them arent connected to the connectors. Those obviously need to be cut and spliced before she hits the road but i have bigger problems as you can tell. Now i know our cars are picky about those but i am to understand that they will start without all that.
I know i did the same thing to an alternator wire when i was tearing the head off.
Missing the little sensor by the throttle cable (not the tps)
Some vacuum leaks here and there.
she DID start for a brief second with starting fluid sprayed into the cylinders.
Checked all the fuses, done everything i can think of. Changed eprom chips.Injector resisistor is coming this week so well see what happens there.
If any of you gurus have any ideas i would love to hear them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

thomcasey

Is your PTU plugged in? It's the long/flat plug down below the intake on the timing side.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Sounds like fuel supply if it will start with starting fluid.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts