The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Just bought #747, ,lots of questions about modding

Snook1345

This car is so pristine that I don't want to ruin it by doing too much, but the first thing I want to do is the 5 bolt swap and bigger rotors, calipers, wheels. Car has coilovers on it, planned on putting on better ones when I do the lug swap. There are so many forums and pages to pan through, i was hoping to get some info as far as the best brake set up that will fit as I have read some evo setups work and the 3000gt.

Thanks

Last edited:

slugsgomoo

unless you have to have wheels that aren't available in 4 lug, there are certainly options for you to go big brake without swapping hubs...

reAzCkZ.jpg

citymunky

Never mind the post i just did on FB, I see that you already made it here.

slugsgomoo

wheels are 5zigen FN01Rc in 17x8 +35

Brakes are wilwoods from TCE, Todd makes a front & rear setup and will provide you hats in 4 or 5 lug (should you want that). I'm the only person I know of that has a rear brake upgrade with a handbrake (evo brakes & wilwoods do not have a way to use a handbrake if you add the rears). I'm eventually going to team up with EHmotorsports to get a wilwood handbrake caliper bracket made, but we haven't quite gotten there yet (you can see the extra caliper there in the rear wheel on my car).

TCE Brakes

I'll warn you... not cheap.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts