The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How much should I ask for my car?

GVR41560

1650 got mashed by a stupid texting stop sign running idiot in a huge Dakota pickup. Never hit the brakes at 25 mph. The subframe is bent, left front damage bad. But we have meticulously replaced part after part since buying her from original owner. About 5 years ago bought a JDM block from a fellow member here, had our original head gone over and replaced the cams, added an Evo 3 exhaust manifold and a ported small 16g. I would really like this car to go to a VR4 lover not some dumb moron who will put it on the road with a bunch of bear bond and duct tape. The drive train is not straight but it will drive easily onto a trailer. I have no idea how to price it. Basically selling for motor + turbo as a part out. All the body parts are in great shape, seats are starting to show wear but are serviceable, lots of stuff recently replaced in last few years. I'm in San Francisco East Bay Area. Can anyone tell me what price is reasonable to ask?

Note to iceman - if you see this, I'll update you for the database. This is the car that's in all the ad layouts done by Tom Jones Ad Agency in San Luis Obispo Noe did the promo work and then bought the car. I lost the window sticker but still have some of his original invoices for a bunch of early repairs.

strokin4dr

Post some detailed pics. Can't estimate anything without that.

jnava

Staff member
Please post pics....

MellowVR4

Compare to your raptor.... Yes small lol

turbowop

Even the Raptor isn't huge. Just wide, lol. It's still a half ton truck. But the Dakota isn't exactly a fullsize like a Cummins.

pot

Staff member
This is just me and I read your post in its entirety however, I would rent a storage unit and tuck 1650 away for 3 months until you let the dust settle and decide what you want to do with her. From there you can part it out piece by piece and surprisingly and easily come away with just under 5K in parts sales. That's option 1. Option 2, take all of your parts that you want to transfer over to a clean gvr4 shell and sell the remainder.

There are a couple of other options but I would caution getting rid of the car so fast just to avoid adhering to local ordinances and HOA rules. Your only out a few hundred bucks for using a storage unit. But to answer your question and if history is any indication your apt to get anywhere between $800 - $1200 for it. If you lived along the East Coast and possibly the Gulf Coast area I'd give you up to $1500 dependent on how far I'd have to travel.

Last edited:

GVR41560

Hi,
We did consider this, but it would be really hard to do that. Couple of circumstances, one of us is going to be in Beijing and Australia for several weeks in May and June, and my mom is in endstage dementia care and I am gone three or 4 days a week taking care of her. Just cannot add that to the plate right now. The other option is call State of Calif. have them crush the car and get $1000. The car is leaving here in one piece either way.

Yohler

No one on the west coast parts these out? It would be a shame to see the whole thing go to the crusher.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned