The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sad admission, help needed.

687of2000

So, here is the sad story. I was in the process of a complete engine and turbo rebuild when I got a career opportunity that has worked out great, but took me away from my poor torn apart car for a few years. Now, here I am with a roller, a partially assembled engine, and a giant pile of parts. I'm sure things are missing, and I don't remember where most of it goes!

The only good thing is that I'm a professional auto tech now, so I actually know what I'm doing (theoretically), and have some money to burn on this mess.

I'm looking for a youtube video or pictures of a step by step tear down and rebuild to guide my reassembly. Either that or I need to buy a smashed roller and use it as my blueprint and spare parts supply. Any advice?

All the engine bay electrical connectors are in terrible shape. The engine harness is long discontinued. Has anyone found a source for connectors/terminals?

My goal is a DD 350-400 hp. Mahle pistons, eagle rods, ARP hardware, cometic gasket already in the engine. Rotational assembly is balanced.

I'm also looking for DSM link, and some bigger injectors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

FlyingEagle

Staff member
This guy:

http://connectors.sheridanengineering.com/

There are many videos on youtube that show a 4g63 rebuild. Best time to get on board with JafroMobile. He's the technical video man.

IF you donwload the FSM's, located here on the site, they have step by step teardown and checking process's.

There isn't much to it when re-assembling, but best to grab a spare block and check where all the proper bolts go. OR post pictures.

There should be some pretty decent pics of bolts in the blow-ups for Mitsu parts diagrams. ASA online, PartsBase.org

Olson

Quoting 687of2000:
So, here is the sad story. I was in the process of a complete engine and turbo rebuild when I got a career opportunity that has worked out great, but took me away from my poor torn apart car for a few years. Now, here I am with a roller, a partially assembled engine, and a giant pile of parts. I'm sure things are missing, and I don't remember where most of it goes!

The only good thing is that I'm a professional auto tech now, so I actually know what I'm doing (theoretically), and have some money to burn on this mess.

I'm looking for a youtube video or pictures of a step by step tear down and rebuild to guide my reassembly. Either that or I need to buy a smashed roller and use it as my blueprint and spare parts supply. Any advice?

All the engine bay electrical connectors are in terrible shape. The engine harness is long discontinued. Has anyone found a source for connectors/terminals?

My goal is a DD 350-400 hp. Mahle pistons, eagle rods, ARP hardware, cometic gasket already in the engine. Rotational assembly is balanced.

I'm also looking for DSM link, and some bigger injectors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

check out jefro like the other guy said.
I have a fresh harness sitting here in the garage its ben cut and rebuilt if your interested

687of2000

Sweet thanks guys, I knew you would come through. I have the FSMs, everything was blueprinted and rectified. The thing is together and timed, thank god, but all the covers, accessories, manifolds etc. need to be installed. When I took it apart I couldn't find the connectors to save my life and no one had any clue where to find them. I found the terminals from Mitsubishi's Jet aircraft division, only .05/pc.......but you had to buy 5000 of each style you wanted.

Olson, tell me about this harness. Modified? Things deleted? Price?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned