The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

last mpi question

kkmcgregor

So with the key in the on position the relay randomly goes nuts and clickety clickety clicks turning the fuel pump on for brief moments with each click. Synonymous agreement that it seems bad? Also should I buy new from jnztuning or used?

marvinmadman

If I'm unsure if a part is bad, I'd like to try a known good one before spending a lot of money for potentially nothing. Just did this with a purge control valve on my GTS. $4 at PullaPart and around $90 for a new one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

marvinmadman

That's why it's good to try a known good one. Nobody is close to you?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting kkmcgregor:
So with the key in the on position the relay randomly goes nuts and clickety clickety clicks turning the fuel pump on for brief moments with each click. Synonymous agreement that it seems bad? Also should I buy new from jnztuning or used?

This is often symptomatic of an ECU problem. I'm sorry, but I can't recall from your other posts if the ECU has been checked and verified good or repaired. The fuel pump traces are often collateral damage of leaking capacitors. I have had this issue on two different cars over the years, including one ECU already repaired that had problems again later.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts