The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

mpi

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
No. The MPI relay is integral to the operation of the fuel injection control system. The rewire is only to provide a more consistent direct voltage source to the pump.

92_talon_awd

It could mean your pump is bad. Apply power to the test connector and then check for voltage at the pump connector to make sure you don't have a wiring problem. You can also supply power and ground directly to the pump with jumper wires to check it. When I bought my GGSX, the fuel pump didn't cycle on. I removed all the little nuts that hold it into the tank and while my buddy cycled the key on and off, I banged the pump up and down a few inches against the tank. It came on and I drove it like that for months without a problem until I got around to replacing it.

marvinmadman

But, in stock form, the pump won't run until it sees the CAS rotate. How did you get it to run by just cycling the key?

kkmcgregor

Alright finally got around to bench testing my mpi according to this link click . When I did I didn't get voltage to the pins just continuity, does this seem like a bad relay. Also after hooking everything back up and trying to start the car my afpr read 40 psi. Does this mean the fuel pump is now working?

marvinmadman

Pump is definitely working for it to be pumping out 40 psi.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts