The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

compression issues

derek963

bought a '92 and have had it running for all of about 60 seconds before finding out it needed a new headgasket. Found oil in the coolant, cylinder 1 was at roughly 60 pounds of compression, and cylinders 2-4 were all around 120 psi. after replacing the gasket, having the head decked, new head bolts (i know, i know), and new valve seals im still getting dog doodoo compression. cylinder 4-145. cylinder 3-100. cylinder 2-dropped from 100 psi down to 60, dropping 10 pounds every time. cylinder 1-60. i did a wet test on cylinder 1 and compression only increased by 5 psi. valves are fine, never (supposedly) jumped timing or snapped a belt. for what its worth, he said the 14b was leaking oil and "smoked up the whole road." and wasnt even aware of a headgasket issue. thinking rings but would like to see what the org thinks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned