The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wheel offset

fletch90

so im up for tires soon, all 4 of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
not keen on my set of 18's, decided to downsize. plus good tyres in that size are are costly around my way
decided to look for a nice set of 16's
my noob arse question today is will i have any issues fitting 16x8's with 0 offset?
thanks

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Not going to work with 8" and 0 offset.

GEDengineering

I lowest I think you could get away with is +25mm with the right tire and chamber setting search 17x8 +25 to see the fitment.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Even that is low depending on how much you want to deal with for stick out. I have +42 8" wheels, but I wanted to keep them fairly tucked (which means watch control arm clearance).

EMX5636

Yeah, my specs are definitely close to "aggressive" fit, but not any stupid stance crap.

caanglin

17x8 +35 with 17 235 45 tires.
H4r58JS.jpg

EMX5636

That picture shows me how far I pulled my fenders. The 17x9 35mm (minus a 5mm spacer in the rear) wheels I just picked up fit about the same in the fenders with the same size tire.

thomcasey

I run 17x8 35 offset EVO IX wheels with 225/45r17 tires with no rubbing issues with about a 1.5: drop up front. With the 5mm spacers in the rear, the tires are pushed right out to the edges and fill nicely without having to roll the fenders.

caanglin

There is a lip/ridge in the rear right arch on my car that is not on the left left hand side. Kind of annoying its preventing me from making rear wheels flush.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts