The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Start then no start...

tektic

I started my car fine it took a second to idle up though. Shut the car off after only a few seconds. Car will now crank and crab and crank but not turn over. What's up with that?

donniekak

Could you give a better description? How is it cranking but not turning over? Is the starter just whining?

tektic

Sure. It cranks like normal for about 10 minutes, until the battery started to die. Pluged in the trickle charger. Cranked even faster. Still would not turn over. Here's a tuner pro log. It shows injector pulse. Not sure what's wrong or what to look at.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8Rh5RY1COHWblFRSTJRQWlzS00/view?usp=sharing

tektic

cam angle sensor?
I was under the impression I wouldn't get idc pulse if that wasn't operating. Is it possible it flooded? Otherwise It likely has something to do with ecu code I was monkeying with. I'm going to try a clean bin and see if that helps anything.

Last edited:

tektic

Oh. I thought turn over meant under power of fuel not battery. Guess I've been using that wrong since... forever.
CTS reads 50F which was about right. IAT read 32F. So even if iits not working the small difference shouldn't have been the whole issue. That doesn't explain why it would start and then not start seconds after.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts