The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just got a Belize green 91

Killmatik

ecmlink v2
4 Bolt Rear
Big Fmic w/ greddy bov
Rebuilt Head 1500 miles
ARP Head Bolts
264/272 cams with spring kit
Adj Cam gears
2g mas intake
Fp manifold
evo 16g (blown),
full 3 " exhaust
upgraded injectors
AEM wideband
Act 2600 clutch
AGX suspension
battery has been relocated to trunk

That was how I got it from tubophein (A member of the org).I have replaced turbo but found more issues...so I sent it to dynotech tuning here in MA. They are putting in new head and block,radiator,new timing belt, new water pump and bunch of other little stuff.Im $6000 in so far and I know I'm still a ways off but I'm sure I'll get there with a little patience and $$$$$$.I have always wanted one of these since 1998 but gave up on ever owning one until I found this site.

I love gvr4's more of a memorabilia than anything for me than a fast car. My friend in high school had a 92 gray gvr4...(1st time I ever saw 1) he abused that thing I mean bad I worked on that car with him day and night and he would half ass everything and hack parts up and replace with cheap parts than drive her like a pissed off teenager.I had a 95 eclipse gsx at the time and I thought I was the Ish until I met the gvr4.lol. My tranny went and I sold my gsx.my friends 92 gvr4 was falling apart and he couldn't afford to fix it. I begged him for almost 2 years to sell. He refused repeatedly unfortunately. A few years later I heard he lost the car to a towing company cause he couldn't afford to pay the towing fee!!sad...so sad. I wish I could get his contact info so I could rub it in now lol.

mistaVR4

+1! Is that a CF hood as well? Also, in your description you say it came with a new head (1500 miles), so when you took it to this shop how come they want to replace the head?

Last edited:

Killmatik

Yeah cf hood._alot of other good parts im forgetting too .I really havent got a chance to fully look through everything still in shop. Gotta drop another 1500 so im $7500 in so far.....

GSTwithPSI

$7,500? Dude, you'll probably double that easy if you plan to keep this car for any length of time, and keep paying a shop to do the work on it. You better get used to wrenching, or get used to getting poor.

presterone

Welcome! was your friend who lost his car to a towing company from maine by any chance? I've heard a similar story and the car ended up getting crushed and there was nothing he could do about it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned