The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

got me one

kkmcgregor

I finally bought a vr4. It's xxx/1000, missing both the dash badge and key fob, the previous owner is on the boards, papasmurf or something like that. I bought it in denver and drove it all the way to lexington about 1200 miles. Yea I knew it was a stupid decision but it seemed reasonable at the time. Only one small mishap on the trip, I pulled into a gas station and noticed about 3 quarts of my transmission fluid underneath my car. This didn't seem like a good sign, luckily it was just my cv axle had sheared from its bracket and popped out of the transmission leaving a gaping hole for the fluid to come out of. But now she's home with no damage to the transmission and no other problems.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Welcome aboard, sounds like you have some work to do.

There are posts on here about that bracket and the special shouldered bolts you need in case you have not completed repairs yet.

kkmcgregor

Thanks and hopefully not transmission and engine were redone about 30000 miles ago by jacks. Just cosmetic things really. Also the problem has been fixed as I was 900 miles from home and I needed a way to get there so I had a local shop fix it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned