The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Water pump outlet pipe. Repair/ replace questions

yeti

So I got a pin hole in my water pump outlet pipe the large one that the turbo coolant return line comes out of.

I took it to a friend to get it welded but they said it immediately ran because it was so thin and rusted out. He tryed to patch it but it ended up going soda can thin.

I searched online and could not find a new one at all. I ordered a media blasted used part. Looked clean, all im hoping for is no leaks/rust.

I payed 95$ shipped for this, I tryed a WTB thread but had no luck and just ordered that used one from eBay.

My question is where does everyone else source this water pipe?

marvinmadman

No. Rearranged the hoses to still run water to the turbo.

transparentdsm

hey so you just want the oil cooler port gone?? i have a few pipes and i can cut and weld one to what you need. i just recently did mine as i deleted the oil cooler and FIAV, so i no longer wanted those line in the car. i could pull and clean it today and probably weld it up this afternoon for you. if you don't like what i do you can also not buy it.

89Mirageman

Sounds as if he's already found what he needed if I read that correctly. Funny yours was rusted out, can't say that I've ever seen a bad one. Good used ones are still around. I usually see them go for $25-$50 with $50 being a bit on the high side IMO.

yeti

Correct yes I already ordered this pipe off of eBay.

But definitely good to know can have one fabricated.

I was gonna go to the junkyard and figured they would all be rusty.
Good to know its uncommon for that pipe to rust next time I just search the local yard.

Coltsfan

I see them rusted out all the time, but I live in Rustville USA. Usually they corrode around the lip that holds the o-ring in place.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned