The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

passanger side windows

turboneon

So when i first got the car and hooked the battery up (front stock location) before i got the car running all the windows worked.. I since have moved the battery in the trunk and the rear passanger window works sometimes and the passanger front never. Hooked a probe too both motors and they work just fine, thought it might be a ground and added new ground and nothing. Anyone have any experience with this? Could it be a main ground up front where the battery used to be or any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jake

turbohf

my right front has never worked off the switch, and right rear only works with the drivers door almost shut or shut, never when its open. so im guessing its a connection in the door there. works when jumped with a drill battery.

someone here did a writeup on rewiring it, might be able to find it with a good search. was year or 2 back.

turbohf

Fish

When I replaced my broken wires in the drivers door I ended up removing the door completely. It only took an extra 15 minutes to get the door off and made it much easier to get to all of the broken wiring I had. Just make sure you've got a helper to hold your door for you.

turboneon

Ok it was a wire broke! come to find out the switch on the driver side (for the passanger window) is messed up. It will roll the window down but not up.

turboneon

ok more problems /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif... So my back passenger window will roll down from the back passenger door, it did roll down with the driver side unit too but it just stopped working during this mess up lol.. So my question is in the back passenger door its getting all the power up and down but will not roll up unless we ran a separate ground to the motor and jumped it. Does the roll up have a separate ground from the roll down function? If so can anyone show me where that ground is, i cant seem to find it on my pdf electrical manual.

Thanks again everyone!

EMX5636

I don't have a diagram in front of me, but most power window curcuits flip polarity for Up/Down. Inside the switch, there are jumpers to connect to the same ground, in either direction, just opposite sides of the switch.

turboneon

we ran a separate ground from the motor bolt to the green and white wire and now everything works great. Minus the driver side panel which wont operate either passenger side doors down but it will roll both up. I dont think im getting 12v when i try to roll them down from the driver side panel. Any input would be appreciated, i have a ebay driver side panel coming i hope that it fixes it but im almost certain that it wont haha.

thanks peeps

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned