The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Power Steering Leak

MorrVR4

First of all let me preface my first post on the forum by saying I am a super newb. I love my VR-4 but I'll be the first to admit I don't know very much about them.
So I have #1099 and took it in to have a tie rod end replaced. When the guy gave it back to me he said he noticed the power steering lines were rusting out and they're leaking slowly. Apparently they don't make these anymore, so you have to have them manufactured and he doesn't know where or how much this would cost. I was wondering if any of you have had this done or would have advice.

Thanks!

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Some of them may be available yet (the smaller tubes-like off the front rack). I have a complete removed 4ws system in my garage, so whatever parts you may need I can provide them.

MorrVR4

Yeah I don't know how hard he looked. He is an honest guy that does good work, but he doesn't specialize in GVR4s or anything. He just told me that the power steering lines are all rusting out, even the ones to the rear steering. I'll have to take a look later to see which parts exactly I'd need and then I could get back to you!

marvinmadman

Member since 1969? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

prove_it

He invented the internet.

MorrVR4

Shoot I wish I invented the internet..

I don't know how that got set up that way. Any idea how to fix it? Ive only been on here like 9 months.

Mrevoanderson

cant be that hard to fab i your self i would think . i have gutted out all the lines in my car brake,fuel and steering back cuz all gone from rust and been slowly making new one´s instead

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned