The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Former lurker goes legit: Two GVR4's to sort out UNK/2000 and 1746/2000

snailspool

Hello everyone, thought i would introduce myself properly, as the only folks who know of me are locals, and folks that have had stuff for sale.

I've been in the DSM game for 10+ years and have owned 12+ over the years. I have many dsm parts (almost a local supplier of sorts) but I am thinning my herd. heres why:

I just sold a 95' TSI last week,
A 92' TSI 2.3, 4 bolt, 14b for sale
91 TSI, stockish that will be up for sale soon
another 95 TSI fwd auto, the engine is at the machine shop
1746/2000 lost oil pressure at the head. I have a longblock for it that was running or another at the machine shop, will be sold running.
and finally the piece de resistance, UNK/2000. Needs a lot. Here is the PO thread:
click

As you can see, too many. And i feel that with cars and Women, a lot is fun when you are young, but as I age, I would rather just deal with one's b.s. and fun. Enter UNK.

I have been focusing mainly on UNK as of late. The little mystery is receiving a 2.3, 10:1, modified cyclone IM, twin scroll BWs200sx, still at the machine shop. Possibly E-85, and a host of other goodies.
Putting the power down will be a fully built jacks transmission.
If the 4WS is disconnected i would like to hook that back up, I'm sure KTMRider will be able to help with that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

It has a touch of surface rust in a few places, but no where near as bad as some on this board. I've been thinking of a respray, possibly in a pearl white, thoughts?

I have been sorting out what it needs, parts wise, and finding the board to be most helpful. This sort of restoration would not be possible IMHO without this board.
Fortunately i know KTMRider and Chicago1 quite well, so I will be picking their brains for the GVR4 idiosyncrasies, otherwise ill do a search first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Thanks,
David

ktmrider

Let the insanity begin!

And yes first teaching lesson I gave him: GVR4 is not a DSM.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

snailspool

Small update, Unk has had her rotating assembly returned to me. Assembly, of the Assembly will begin soon, but I am in the process of retuning my beloved 91 Black cherry Talon to stock, so i can sell her to make driveway space for UNK. I am attempting to sell all of my DSM's and focus soley on the UNK GVR4.

As far as The GVR4 goes, I have been having parts shipped to me from all over the country. And i mean a lot of parts. I think this is why she went through so many owners, for so many years. Honestly I didnt realize how much of a basketcase she was until i saw how far my bank account shrank /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif95% of the parts have been acquired for her though and are slowly going on. Here are some pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

snailspool

Friend who is a fabricator just sent this to me!

thecman02

Good choice on engine/turbo setup. I wish I would have gone with a higher CR when I built my engine since I almost exclusively run on E85.

snailspool

Thanks, Im pretty excited about it myself. We are over a mile high here, so i figure i can run a little higher static CR. I would like to stay away from E85 if possible (V3 for tuning), but i may have no choice with that CR, we shall see! Goal is reliable 11's at this altitude, and going fast, with class. And yes, it will be expensive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

theevozero

That head looks like it was machined quite a bit, at least from these pictures it does. Also, did you have the block line honed for those arp mains?

jnava

Staff member
Is this the guy KTM?

theevozero

I just noticed, than block is in his kitchen....lol.

snailspool

That head has been machined a decent amount. It is ported, and so i have hung onto it. Block was line honed.

Yup, I'm a bachelor! I've built more engines than hot meals in there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ktmrider

Quoting jnava:
Is this the guy KTM?

Nope just another Dizzum to GVR4 convert LOL. He's also one of the reasons for my username tag ( brought him and Chicago1 along for dinner with Toybreaker when he was traveling thru town ).

Great group in 'Burque on both sides of the 4G63 realm. Hoping to have 86/2000 off JSB duty this weekend, that and get 464 back from him... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

snailspool

^ Ah yes, twin peaks IIRC, that was years ago!

Good news Mike! I hope the urge to sell has stayed passed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

theevozero

Quoting snailspool:
That head has been machined a decent amount. It is ported, and so i have hung onto it. Block was line honed.

Yup, I'm a bachelor! I've built more engines than hot meals in there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I could of guess that, just by the simple fact that you're doing it. Unless your hypothetical old lady has a race car too.

Good to see another local GVR4 owner! im actually in California right now buying mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

snailspool

Glad it's happening! You should bring it to one of the abq-dsm meets when you return!

snailspool

Quoting ktmrider:
He's also one of the reasons for my username tag ( brought him and Chicago1 along for dinner with Toybreaker when he was traveling thru town ).

Kinda funny, I just realized that everyone who was there, now owns a GVR4, Serendipitous.

ktmrider

^^ LOL hadn't thought about that! Infectious things aren't they?!?

snailspool

Relocated the battery and got the electrical working (including the stereo!)

Waiting for the drop with my two friends psiaddict and Ktmrider Thanks for the help!

In its new home!

Turbo mock up

desant78

Looks great! any info on the cyclone/intake manifold? or is that a secret? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

snailspool

Nah, no secret. Extra manifold plenum welded on to create a larger displacement plenum. Since the engine is a 2.3 and not a 2.0, as the cyclone was manufactured for, I felt it was helpful. Worked great on the old talon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts