The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

NAME THAT TURBO

dmj

Mitsubishi for sure, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Brunoboy

14b

Last edited:

Diego

It could almost be any of the three, 14b, s16G, 16g.... they all use the same housing, for a real definitive answer take the cover off and mic the wheel

Brunoboy

Or the numbers on the comp housing.

gramkrakr89

thought the inlet was larger ID on the 16G's, causing the inlet wall to look thinner.... this one looks identical to 14B's that Ive seen... my money's on 14B

524of1000

From that angle I'd say 14b, but if we had a pic of the compressor wheel we could tell for sure.

OMFGeofffff

Looks like a TD05H
dodgy.gif

fuel

that's definitely a 14B. The small 16G looks similar but you can still differentiate between the two, and the big 16G looks bigger again.

OMFGeofffff

The second half of the serial number looks like 01020 which I don't think comes up with either 14b or 16g turbos. Obviously its not the best pic so I'm using my best judgment.

EDIT: I waited to long to post this

Last edited:

Okayplayer

That is definitely a 14b. No doubt about it, a 16g would have staggered blades on the compressor side.

last digits are 030...is that 100Percent accurate...if so every1 who guessed 14b is correct.

Lol all this time I thought the previous owner was running a s16g /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Diego

Yeah the blades and numbers give it away. Some have stuffed the s16 into a 14b housing.

ok so this turbo is now for sale cuz I dont want this now that i know it is a 14b...which is cool for 250-300 but I'm looking for 400.

would a evo 8 turbo be good for this goal, also what would I need to bolt it up to the 2 g manifold and downpipe?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts