The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is easy/cheap to replace when doing a shifter cable adjustment?

I am still chasing my notchy 3rd gear issue and I want to adjust my shifter cables once again. I hate going in there and want to know if there is anything that I could/should do in there that is cheap while I have that damn center console out AGAIN.

Thanks!

mikus

check out the nylon bushings on each side of the shifter 'handle' where it slides onto the horizontal mount on base. Shifter sure feels better when those are quality.

dsm10o0

swap out the shifter lever to a 1g.

Ok, I will take a look at that. Thanks

Quoting mikus:
check out the nylon bushings on each side of the shifter 'handle' where it slides onto the horizontal mount on base. Shifter sure feels better when those are quality.

Already has a 1g shifter.

Quoting dsm10o0:
swap out the shifter lever to a 1g.

curtis

Call up JNZ tuning, all the bushings they can get, Can't remember the exact number but like 20 bucks or something. The weld the cable mount on the trans and replace the rubber ends with the roller blade wheel bearings. Oh you can get the shift mount bushings or just weld washers to the base as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts