The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Guy from Florida

QnzMostWanted

been lurking around here for a bit, thought i would say hi, been owning Galants for a while, 7g's and 8g's, this is my first 6g, its not a VR4 but it is a 1992 Galant GS DOHC 5spd...picked up the car for $400, just learning some info about the car, it may not be turboed but alot of the info is interchangeable

here are some pics
IMG-20110728-00150.jpg

IMG-20110728-00149.jpg

IMG-20110728-00153.jpg

IMG-20110728-00152.jpg

IMG-20110728-00158.jpg

IMG-20110728-00155.jpg

plans are to possibly turbo charge in the future but for now i'll just do a NA build
wanna get the vr4 doglegs and cladding and the amg 3pc wing and grille for now

stealthtt24

Welcome! There's a few GVR-4s in Central Florida. I picked my newest one up from Melbourne actually.

QnzMostWanted

yeah i seen a few, there was one on CL the other day for $1500 without engine and trans, but for that money i can boost the GS, so my plan is to rebuild the motor on the GS and fix the minor problems it has, painting it myself, probably white or dark grey, and then down the line boost her...for now i just want to get a nice clean reliable DD because my truck is a hog when it comes to gas....im no stranger to mitsubishi as i've own many galants in the past, but this is my first 6G

GSX_TC

Interior is clean. why do you wanna put VR4 stuff on it though?

Hey, welcome man. There are a few Fwd guys on this forum, about the best source on the net for them. Everything's interchangable bar the rear driveline, carpet, rear struts and trunk lining. I'm building up a fwd 6g too. Turbo fwds are dubbed VR-2s by a few /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

QnzMostWanted

Haha i like that Vr2, lmao

Quoting GSX_TC:

i just wanna put the body cladding and the sides (looks better on the car)either the vr4 ones or the AMG ones
the JDM front and rear bumpers look better than the bulky stock bumpers, and the rest of parts i wanna get are from the AMG
the AMG 3 pc wing, i'll even buy the replica on tunersnation, i just love how it looks on the car...other than that im just here for knowledge and to learn about the 6G

boostx

Welcome.. If you feel like taking a drive to Orlando we have a monthly meet with some of the DSM guys and gals the first Friday of every month in East Orlando. Send me a PM if interested.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting QnzMostWanted:
Haha i like that Vr2, lmao

Quoting GSX_TC:

i just wanna put the body cladding and the sides (looks better on the car)either the vr4 ones or the AMG ones
the JDM front and rear bumpers look better than the bulky stock bumpers, and the rest of parts i wanna get are from the AMG
the AMG 3 pc wing, i'll even buy the replica on tunersnation, i just love how it looks on the car...other than that im just here for knowledge and to learn about the 6G

welcome, i like the car!

you're more than welcome to do whatever you want, but having been around these cars/chassis/engines for a long time, i would say you have the perfect platform for a gas milage machine...

if i was blessed with no winters a clean specimen such as that, i would enlist a combination of the following mods:
no side skirts (less weight)
JDM front and rear bumpers (less weight)
ebay header
2.5 in exhaust with a good resonator and muffler
cold air intake assembly
SAFC
wideband
cooler t-stat
lower it a touch
keep the smaller brakes for weight savings
light weight 17 in wheels with a decent tire.

The car would not only look good, be peppy, but also get great mileage.

QnzMostWanted

thanks for the advice...definitely gonna take it into consideration...i do wanna do the 5lug conversion tho, and get some nice wheels for them, maybe even some 3g/evo wheels and just run those...not sure exactly what i wanna do yet, only had the car for 4 days lol

IncorpoRatedX

well, again, the 5 lug conversion will add more weight to the car...

keeping it 4 lug keeps the weight down and honda aftermarket wheels are plentiful and generally cheap!

IncorpoRatedX

I also vote for keeping it silver, but im biased...
click

QnzMostWanted

would love to keep it silver but silver down here gets cancer, my moms car which is washed and polished regularly even has paint cancer starting from this sun, i dont wanna deal with any color that does that, i was thinking white or dark grey...just something that wont ever get cancer lol

IncorpoRatedX

what do you mean gets cancer? certain vehicles had bad paint in certain years...

AnotherNewb

Quoting Boostx:
Welcome.. If you feel like taking a drive to Orlando we have a monthly meet with some of the DSM guys and gals the first Friday of every month in East Orlando. Send me a PM if interested.

Drop me a pm and lmk when and where, ill be in orlando this week.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts