The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Not sure about this

mpt72

If I remove the xcase and driveshaft, would the car be able to move under it's own power, just fwd? Want to put it on a trailer, and transport it, but I don't have the correct xcase I need after an engine and tranny swap.

DR1665

Since the VCD is open, pulling the prop shaft would probably result in you going nowhere or smoking the VCD.

You can, however, put the car on a 2-wheel tow dolly and drag it around with the prop removed all day long, no problem. That was how I drug 195/2000 from Clovis, NM, home to Phoenix.

Good luck.

Terry Posten

It will move but will be like a massively slipping clutch and will kill the viscous clutch REALLY fast.

And the driveshaft will flop around under the car unless you remove it from the rear diff.

mpt72

I was gonna completely remove the drive shaft. I literally want to move it like 20 feet, just to back it onto a trailer. I don't trust those dollies so much.

bmxkid415

Ive dragged 2 DSMs and 1 GVR4 shell onto a trailer with a come-a-long. VERY useful

rdomeck

Pay $75 to have it towed......Worth not having to deal with it. I have an open trailer and an enclosed trailer with a ramp door and a winch and I still have stuff towed to me because it's just not worth the time!

mpt72

I was gonna do that, but I got the proper xcase on the way. However, I want to thank you guys for the advice. I didn't even think about a come a long. I'm gonna pick one up just to keep it handy. Thanks again all!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts