The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Best Looking Shift Knobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

1 post pic of your fav shifter knob
2 add the manufacturer
3 comment

THIS IS MINE

OBX Bill
200-9999-SK4T.jpg
et /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Chad989of2000

Mine...of course.

that is a weak lineup man. is that really it?....and whats up with that purple *** above

BluFalcon

I think Wop is voicing his opinion about your choice of knob. I'm not sure if it's because it's a knockoff of the Greddy shift knob, or that he doesn't like the Greddy billet knob. I had an original Greddy knob like that in my Talon and my GVR-4 for awhile. I did like it, but there are three things that kept me from using it in the GVR-4.

1. Texas has very brutal summers. Today was 105 degrees outside and it doesn't look like it's going to cool down anytime soon. A few hours of exposure in the sun will turn that thing into a OBX/Greddy branding iron. You say, "Oh, I'll remember that the shift knob is currently radiating enough heat to cook a steak.", but you won't. Or at least I didn't on numerous occasions. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

2. It's pretty hard to grip it if your hands are sweaty. Again, hot Texas weather leads to sweat, which can lead to your hand slipping off the knob (OK, that sounded bad.) during "spirited" shifting while driving in a perfectly legal manner of course.

3. It sits way too low on the shifter. It just didn't feel "right" on the 1G DSM shifter arm I have in my GVR-4. Preferred a knob that sat a little taller. (Again? Really?)

Had a EVO 8 knob in the car for awhile. Liked it, but missed the added weight of the Greddy billet knob. I ended up going with a weighted 2G Leather wrapped knob. Right height, doesn't sear my skin and is easy to grip (so to speak).

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
White DSG delrin. It don't get any better than that. The Evo ones are too small IMHO. Feel like a golf ball in your hand. I'd take a good condition stock GVR4 one over that.

John

IncorpoRatedX

I have the EVO 8 and love it.

Also have an evo x one, used one in my evo 8, liked it, seems a little out of place in the gvr4 though so im not rocking it right now.

stock-shift-knob-evo-leather-03-500l.jpg

X
382315882.jpg

14u2nV

what is this one? found it in a 1g, weighs about a pound. it has 5spd shift pattern on it that is worn off.

120d5a88.jpg

Last edited:

mistaVR4

Quoting atc250r:
White DSG delrin. It don't get any better than that. The Evo ones are too small IMHO. Feel like a golf ball in your hand. I'd take a good condition stock GVR4 one over that.

John

DSG Delrin is the best shift knob I've ever used! I love mine, and will buy a couple more, hopefully!

4thStroke

I like the DSG delrin knob, I just wish it had more weight to it. I think a steel knock with a delrin shell would be ideal.

turbowop

Quoting BluFalcon:
I think Wop is voicing his opinion about your choice of knob.

Bingo. In a thread about ultimate shift knobs...an OBX? Really? It even says "Type R"? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

I use a black delrin DSG in 1051, and a stocker in 503. I love my DSG knob.

944a91dca7d2837.jpg

Really, really now your laughing at the fact that it says obx on it...I'm gonna slap a greddy sticker on it and sell it back to you on here for double the price i paid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif.......................sorry romanova had to tell em.

turbowop

Quoting usethe4ce:
Really, really now your laughing at the fact that it says obx on it...I'm gonna slap a greddy sticker on it and sell it back to you on here for double the price i paid. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif.......................sorry romanova had to tell em.

I'm laughing more at the fact that it says "type R" on it. Perhaps you should get some Autozone "type R" floormats and steering wheel cover to match? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts