The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stainless steel brake lines

Romanova

Mounted up my set for the rear to go along with all the other new stuff back there. They are actually a used set I got from a member years ago, but look to be in decent shape. They don't quite fit in the bracket that bolts to the shock housing. Is it going to be a problem to let it hang free? Probably use a few zip ties and maybe some split loom to make sure that it doesn't rub on anything...

Thanks!

4thStroke

You should be fine. I have EVO suspension and just ended up zip tying the bracket and lie to the strut. Just make sure there is enough slack for when you turn the wheels.

beaner

Zip tied my brake lines as well to the shock for years. No issues. I should add that my car is always apart though, so they were done and redone over that time frame. I really don't see an issue with it though. YMMV.

Lightning1

The only ting that I make sure to do is replace them every once in a while. In Chicago in the elements, zipties can get brittle and break real easily, I had it happen to me and it rubbed a spot on my rim.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned