The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Inner CV re-instalation?

How do I get the CVs back into the trans? am I suposed to squese the snap-ring on the splined shaft somehow? I can't quite figure it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

524of1000

Make sure the splines are lined up, get it as far as you can my hand, put the axle nut on the ind of the axel and whack it with a hammer. I use a rubber mallet, but whatever. Just make sure you hit the nut and not just the axle.

So it just takes force? I was tapping them into the trans with a rubber mallet before the motor whent into the car. But I wasn't sure and didn't want to break one of the rings off in the trans /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The driver's side just slides in and is secured in the trans by the carrier bearing bracket. The passenger side has a snap ring on the splines that you needs to be seated. If the snap ring is the original one it should pop in easily.

fuel

^^ it's FWD (and the driver's side is on the opposite side for him) so the 'passenger's side' long driveshaft is one piece and has the same snap ring as the other side short shaft.

Oh, he should have mentioned it wasn't for a VR4 then.

If it's FWD then the answer is to upgrade to the AWD shaft for a significant reduction in torque steer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quote:
If it's FWD then the answer is to upgrade to the AWD shaft for a significant reduction in torque steer.

Will be done soon! I have a right hand axle from a vr4, just need the left hand assy. I have a neat little toyota SC14 supercharger waiting to go in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif so want to eliminate torque steer as much as posible.

Thanks for he help guys, guess I just need to persuade the axle to go in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts