The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

headlight rebuild

There are some posts in here on rebuilding 93 headlights and doing some things to 91-92 headlights....

I have just one question. The silver reflective part in one of my headlights is completely screwed up.

I have seen threads where it seems that you can paint the entire reflective area black with high temperature black paint. That just doesn't seem right to me and I am worried that could effect the lights functionality.

Maybe you can only do that for certain years? Please help.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Yeah,painting them black seems like a dumb idea to me too. It would have have to have at least somewhat of a negative effect on the light output. Not only that,in VA the headlight reflectors have to be clean and bright for safety inspection,needless to say painted black won't pass. Eff having to swap out lights every year to get through inspection.

Eastwood makes a paint just for light reflectors,I've never seen it used though. If I recall, it's more intended for turnsignals,reverse lights etc. I'm not sure how it would look in a headlight..

Last edited:

It doesn't seem like a good idea to me either. I am after maximum light not appearance.

Thanks!

VR4HOZ

ive painted mine black but you dont paint the silver reflector...

they come out and you paint behind and around them

I think some people here have painted the reflectors black. I'd like to hear from some of them concerning light output after doing that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned